What Can I Do with a Major In?
Wondering how to connect majors to careers and join professional organizations? View majors of interest to see outlines of common career areas, professional organizations, employers and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
Please understand that the areas are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and not a comprehensive list. Be sure to explore multiple majors to learn about a wide range of career opportunities.
College of Business
College of Education & Human Services Leadership
What Can I Do With My Major?
- Broadfield Natural Science
- Broadfield Social Science
- Dual Regular Education (Early Childhood-Middle Childhood) and Special Education (Early Childhood)
- Dual Regular Education (Middle Childhood-Early Adolescence) and Special Education (Middle Childhood-Early Adolescence)
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language
- Special Education (Cross-Categorical)
- WECAN Instructional Podcast
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s Openings
- Resource for Researching Wisconsin Schools (WINSS)
- Resource for Researching School Districts throughout USA
- Certification Requirements by State
- Project Connect (You will need a username (teacher) and password (aswan) to search for positions.
- Wisconsin Public School District List
- National Writing Project
- Reading Online
Human Services Majors
- Manitowoc County Human Services
- Outagamie County Human Services
- HS Careers.com
- Iowa International Teaching Job Fair
- Making the Difference
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- United States Department of Labor
- United Way Fox Cities – List of organizations and ideas
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Volunteer Center for East Central Wisconsin – Great list of organizations
Related Career Options
View the College of Education and Human Services website here.
College of Letters & Sciences
What Can I Do With My Major
Related Career Options
View the College of Letters and Science website here.
College of Nursing
If you are struggling with choosing a major or uncertain if your current major is the one that will provide you the career you’d like to pursue, you are not alone. Statistics show that roughly 1/3 of entering students do not declare a major and approximately 80 percent are uncertain about the major they selected. College students change majors an average three times before graduating.
As such, there are a variety of resources available to meet the unique needs of those undecided or uncertain if their current major is suited for them.
Major and Career Exploration
- Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC)
- Explore Careers
- Professional Counseling 201: Academic and Career Exploration
- Professional Skills Courses: PC202, BUS 284, INTRDSC 208, INTRDSC 209
Titan Jobs powered by Handshake
Career Services provides a comprehensive program of assisting undecided majors in areas of general professional preparedness including resume preparation, interviewing skills, employment while in school, personal and professional conduct, networking, and postings of work study positions through Titan Jobs powered by Handshake.
Career Services Advisors
Don’t know who your Career Services advisor is? Find your Career Services advisor and schedule an appointment to learn more about major and career exploration services.