Services for Students
As a student at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you have several opportunities and resources to assist you in your academic and professional career. We provide you with career information, advice and occupational guidance. Whether you are a first-year student or a graduate student, we are here to help you achieve vocational goals.
Here you will find information on what you can do with your major, how you can utilize the Titan Jobs powered by Handshake database, quick tips and courses for professional skills, resume and internship resources, and much more. For additional information about Career Services or to make an appointment with an advisor, please feel free to contact us.
Services for Employers
To build an optimal recruiting plan for your organization at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you will have many opportunities and resources to assist you with your goals.
For additional information about Career Services or sponsorships, please feel free to contact us.
Services for Faculty & Staff
As a faculty or staff member at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you have several opportunities and resources to assist in the development of your students’ professional skills, to recruit students to work in your department, and to connect with employers in all industries. We provide you services to prepare your students by implementing professional skills programs, accessing the Titan Jobs database to post positions, participating in events and workshops, and much more.
Whether you are a faculty or staff member at UW Oshkosh, we are here to help your students and department/unit achieve success. For additional information about Career Services and the Professional Skills Program, please feel free to contact us.
Don’t Cancel Class!
Do you have an appointment you cannot miss?
Is the weather getting in the way of your commute to campus?
Save & Exit Did you wake up feeling too sick to teach class?
Instead of canceling class, give Career Services a call and have an adivsor come into your class to teach students how to better prepare for their future career. It’s a wonderful opportunity for Career Services advisors to speak with students, as well as for students learning new ways to enhance their career development!
Don’t cancel class! Career Services will be there!
Services for Alumni
As an alumnus or alumna at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you have several opportunities and resources to help reach your career goals. UW Oshkosh Alumni Career Services provides you with career information, advice and occupational guidance.
Here you will find information about career advising (available for up to one year after you graduate), your FREE Titan Jobs account, resources, and much more. For additional information about Career Services, please feel free to contact us.
- Career advising available for alumni within one year of graduation
- Titan Jobs: Titan Jobs powered by Handshake is now available to Alumni! Alumni can use Titan Jobs to search for jobs, use our additional resources found in our Resource Library (Career GPS, My World Abroad, Career Spots videos, and Virtual Mock Interview), view events and interviews. All for Free.
You will be able to:
- upload your resume for employers to view
- view and apply for jobs online
- view and apply for Hire a Titan on-campus interviews
- access My World Abroad, a resource for developing global career knowledge and professional skills
- access Career GPS, a suite of web-based tools to help job seekers build job market literacy and stand out among candidates with real-time, localized information about in-demand jobs. Career GPS helps job seekers understand the qualifications and experiences they need as they create individualized career plans to accomplish their goals
- UW Oshkosh Career Service: virtual tools and links for your job search
- Get Hired Guide! (Career planning book available in the Career Services office for $10)
- LinkedIn group for UW Oshkosh alumni. Join today by clicking here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Class Notes
- Interested in signing up for your free, life-time UWO Alumni email address? Visit: https://www.alumni.uwosh.edu/
How to Create Your Alumni Titan Jobs Account
- Alumni can visit https://uwosh.joinhandshake.com to get logged in.
- Click on UW Oshkosh Alumni Login.
- If you have not logged in before, click ‘Need an Account’.
- Once there choose Student/Alumni and fill in first name, last name, email, and create a password.
- You will then get a confirmation email that will required you to click to confirm your account.
- Once you have confirmed your account you should be able to login and use the system.
- We recommend updating the profile and adding a current resume.
- Alumni can search for jobs, use our additional resources found in our Resource Library (Career GPS, My World Abroad, Career Spots videos, and Virtual Mock Interview), view events and interviews. All for Free.
- If anyone needs assistance, please call Career Services at 920.424.2181.
Services for Parents & Guests
As parents and guest of students and alumni at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you probably have questions about finding jobs and internships during college, how many students get jobs right after commencement, and more. We provide you access to several resources to help answer your questions, including career information, advice and occupational guidance.
Here you will find information on a four-year career plan, majors and careers, finding a job, graduate survey data, and much more. For additional information about Career Services, please feel free to contact us.
How Might you Facilitate the Careers Discussion?
- Suggest your student take advantage of the Career Services resources – Titan Jobs, Resume Drop-In appointments, Career Fairs, Events, Services like – Career GPS, Career Spots, Virtual Mock Interviews, etc.
- Keep an open mind when discussing their interests and goals. Check in with them on occasion to see what may have changed and if you can offer some insight.
- Like or Follow our social media posts and share ones that might be of interest to your student. Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter